Masorti is hiring: Freelance project manager for LGBT+ Inclusion project
By Masorti Judaism
Masorti Judaism is excited to announce the launch of its LGBT+ Inclusion Project, in partnership with KeshetUK and funded by a three-year grant from the National Lottery Community Fund.
Over the course of the project, we want
- LGBT+ people to feel more included, celebrated and accepted within our communities
- Masorti Judaism’s values of inclusion and diversity to be clearer and more publicly visible
- Every Masorti community participating in the project to improve their practice on inclusion and diversity
- To disseminate the results of the project across the Jewish community and to other faith groups
We are now seeking a freelance project manager to make this happen.
Working closely with Masorti Judaism’s deputy chief executive and the executive director of KeshetUK, you will be responsible for:
- Building a team of rabbis, professionals and volunteers to steer the project
- Creating learning, training and marketing materials
- Running community-wide training courses
- Facilitating training, mentoring and planning workshops within individual communities and Noam – Masorti youth
- Disseminating the results of our work through conferences, publications and social media
You will be able to demonstrate the following range of skills and experience:
- Groupwork, training or facilitation
- Project planning and management
- Excellent oral and written communication
- The ability to engage confidently and sensitively with diverse volunteers, lay leaders and rabbis
- Professional or personal experience of LGBT+ issues, ideally within the Jewish community
This is a freelance position paid at £120-150 per day depending on qualifications and experience for approximately 50 days per year (equivalent to 0.2 FTE – flexible working including evenings and some weekends required).
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria above to Rachel Sklan firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 April 2021. Interviews will be held w/c 26 April. Please also be in touch with Rachel if you’d like an informal chat about the role before applying.
Masorti Judaism is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the values of equality, inclusion and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of religious background.
To download a copy of this advert, click here.