Beyond Dispute: Debates that Shape Jewish Life with New North London Synagogue
Date: 6th July 2021, 8.15 - 9.30pm
Price: Voluntary Donation
Beyond Dispute: Debates that Shape Jewish Life is a new curriculum from JTS – join us for this taster session: Do we need to mean what we pray? Sacrifices in the Siddur with Student Rabbi Anthony Lazarus Magrill. We plan to offer the full course in the next academic year.
Debates – philosophical, spiritual, ethical, and cultural – are at the heart of Judaism and Jewish life.
- Are religion and reason compatible?
- Can Jewish law change based on context?
- How do we teach and talk about the Holocaust and the State of Israel?
- Should we prioritize Jewish causes or universal causes in our giving?
- Is Jewish tradition intrinsically patriarchal and ableist?
- Is our relationship with God defined by human obligation or divine compassion?