If the marriage ends in divorce, will I need an Orthodox get (religious divorce), or will divorce proceedings be handled by the Masorti movement?

By Masorti Judaism 19th Feb 2021

The European Masorti Bet Din issues gittin (divorce documents) and deals with all questions of divorce in the movement. A couple may go to either an Orthodox or Masorti Bet Din for their divorce. There are many considerations when choosing which Bet Din to use – questions of status, where the original wedding took place and future plans for marriage are all relevant. You should consult with your rabbi before choosing where to go for a divorce.

Related news

  • News
  • 26th Apr 2024

The Song of Songs

  • News
  • 16th Feb 2024

On rising antisemitism in the UK

  • News
  • 13th Feb 2024

A Statement on Rafah by Senior Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg

  • News
  • 09th Oct 2023


Join the Community
Sign up for the Masorti Judaism newsletter to stay up to date with the latest learning, news and events happening in the community.