Yom Masorti 2016 – Sunday 21st February
By Masorti Judaism
Join hundreds of people from across the Masorti communities for a day of learning, culture and fun. This year’s Yom Masorti will include a full children’s programme, learning with the Masorti rabbis and chazanim, thought-provoking and entertaining sessions on Israel, social action and Jewish culture and, most importantly, good food and good company.
Confirmed sessions and speakers include:
Jewish philosophy, Masorti halacha and issues of war and peace with the Masorti rabbis:
- ‘Please pray for her, – but not that prayer’ with Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg.
- How to write a Halakhic Responsum? A case study with Rabbi Mijael Even-David.
- Finding a Fig Leaf – Authentic Jewish Living from a chapter of Talmud with Rabbi Roni Tabick.
Jewish music and spirituality with the Masorti chazanim including:
- The Megillot of Shir Hashirim, Ruth and Kohelet with Chazan Jaclyn Chernett.
- The World of ShabbaTots with Chazan Rebecca Blumenfeld.
- The Significance of THREE: Shalosh Regalim for lay leaders and lovers of nusach with Cantor Jason Green.
- As well as The Gift of the Gabbai with Nahum Gordon.
- An audio portrait of Stamford Hill with Sarah Peters and Alan Dein from BBC Radio and the Guardian.
- Refugees Welcome? The campaign to end indefinite detention with Mia Hasenson-Gross, Director of Rene Cassin.
- Safeguarding Israeli Democracy with The New Israel Fund.
- Arab citizens of Israel – Arab Politicians in the 20th Knesset with Toni Rickenback from The UK Task Force.
- Panel: do we need Jewish schools for a Jewish education?
- Middle Eastern Cookery made easy and healthy with Nina Mellman.
- Undutiful Sons and Daughters: Jewish Rebels Past and Present with Chloe Julius.
- Same old chuppah, brand new ceremony with Ilana and Dan Simons.
The children’s programme will include sessions run by Noam Masorti Youth, musical workshops, circus skills, arts and crafts, and a crèche for 2-4 year olds.
Prices in advance are;
Students (15-18yrs) and unwaged £20
Prices on the day are;
Students (15-18yrs) and unwaged £25
Prices are subject to a small booking fee
Registration on the day will start at 09.30 and we anticipate sessions will end by 17.00 (please note sessions and timings are subject to change)
For more details contact Anna Kinchuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8349 6658